“Make a Gift To FLED”
(Feb. 1- Oct. 31, 2022)
To celebrate 27 Years of Impactful Service!
April 05 -30, 2022
In the Beginning
The mandate to start Foundation for Leadership & Education Development – FLED – was received from the Lord by Joseph Chinenyeze Ibekwe on February 17, 1995 while working as a journalist with the Daily Times in Lagos. The instruction that empowered this mandate says” Go raise the foundations of many generations and those that come from thee shall build the old waste places”.
Fired up by that instruction, without fully understanding the enormity or the details of the assignment, Joseph immediately went to operationalize the mandate. Exactly sixty days after, the mandate was officially inaugurated at a public event held on April 17, 1995 being an Easter Monday, at the Nigerian Educational Research & Development Council Conference Hall, in Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.
More than 70 percent of those that attended the inaugural event were members of the Household of God Church, particularly those from the Outreach Department, where Joseph was a volunteer member at the time.
After resigning his job at the Daily Times in October 1997, Joseph Ibekwe and his team have been committed this mandate. It’s been a long and challenging journey along the winding road in pursuit of destiny assignment.
The intriguing thing about FLED is that in her 27 years of operations, it has not depended on Foreign grants to carry out its work, unlike other NGOs. Support has come from within Nigeria. And we are thankful!
FLED is established to Raise Leaders. That is what we have devoted ourselves to doing in the past 27 years.
That is the reason we say
“FLED means LEADERSHIP!”
What we have done.
- Trained about 3000 Mid-career professionals in leadership skills through different leadership development programs.
- Trained more than 3000 Undergraduate Students across Nigeria through different Leadership & Life Skills Developments Programs
- Trained about 5000 undergraduate Student leaders and Secondary School Prefects across Nigeria through the Leadership Skills Enhancement Course.
- Trained about 1500 young entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurial Leadership Course
- Built the leadership capacity of more than 700 Secondary Schools teachers through our Teacher Development Program.
- And counting…….
WE CAN DO MORE.
We now invite you to
MAKE A GIFT TO FLED
Your Gift will help us to:
- Purchase a New Corporate Office in Abuja in 2022.
- Establish new Leadership Training Centres in 1o State Capitals in Nigeria this year, 2022
- Establish FLED Graduate University which takes off in 2025
- Train more undergraduate student leaders and School Prefects and in leadership skills
- Offer scholarships to needy students through FLED Scholarship Program
- Supply Educational Materials to disadvantaged schools through FLED Schools Support
- Organize more life skills and entrepreneurial leadership programs for youths.
While we warmly welcome gifts of any amount, gifts of N100, 000 ($200) and above will help fast track some of the projects at hand.We truly appreciate you. Please make your gift using the following details.
Foundation for Leadership & Education Development.
Naira A/c No: 224 203 8028
US$ A/c No. 224 306 1852
You may give via our online platform with your ATM or Debit Card.
Please click here to make your gift!
Special Recognition for Our Givers!
All those that make financial and material gifts to FLED during this Campaign will be recognized on November 12, 2022 at a public event in Abuja. We hope to have you in the list!
At FLED, Leadership means vision & responsibility.
Vision is receiving a clear perspective of a better future.
Responsibility is doing what has to be done to attain the better future.
At FLED, we help individuals to receive clear perspectives in three keys areas to enable them take responsibility to live a higher quality life in the society: Spiritual, Economic & Political.
We are committed to empowering people, exploring opportunities, maximizing possibilities!