- Leadership Skills Enhancement Course (LESEC) – for school prefects
LESEC is a foundational leadership curriculum which has been approved by Federal Ministry of Education for the training of school prefects in Nigeria. It was developed out of the need to strengthen the leadership competence of school prefects and to promote systemic leadership capacity development in Nigeria. It was realized that most former secondary school prefects who proceed to tertiary institutions participate in students union leadership activities. Also, most former students’ union leaders often come out to participate in politics. This training provides the foundational values and skills these students will require to face future leadership opportunities.
To book your Secondary school to benefit form this course, please complete the online registration form on this website.
- Fled Global Leadership & Citizenship Programme (FGCLP)
Fled Global Leadership & Citizenship Programme (GCLP) is an educational leadership course that prepares young women and youths to think globally and act locally. As emerging leaders the course builds in them a set of core values; assets, skills and competencies to enable them participate in development processes. The course which started in 1999 is divided into three modules that must be completed within nine (9) months. GCLP engages participants in lectures, research, public speaking, educational visits, problem-solving activities and volunteer work. Each GCLP participate is attached to a mentor who helps monitor and support him or her through the training experience.
The Mission of FGCLP is to answer four key questions:
- How can emerging leaders develop a holistic thinking capacity necessary to understanding the intricacies of world affairs?
- How can we use education to create future leaders concerned about moral and ethical issues?
- How can emerging leaders become instruments of social change in preventing and resolving conflicts?
- How can youths be motivated to take local actions that promote global citizenship and social harmony?
- Annual Summer Youth Leadership Academy – ASYLA
The Annual Summer Youth Leadership Academy (ASYLA) is an annual 4-week holiday leadership school for teenagers and youths during which they sharpen their leadership skills; enhance their citizenship awareness, and engage in entrepreneurship and ICT training. Participants also take special classes in Creative Writing and public speaking.
The Academy is founded on two principles:
- That young people can be taught leadership skills and values that will help them take control of their lives and become better citizens and responsible future leaders.
- That these leadership skills and values will have a positive impact on young people’s motivation, self-esteem, academic performance and prime them to pursue higher, nobler ideals in life.